It’s February—my favorite month of the year. What better time to work on those words of affirmation?
Most of my readers know why I love Valentine’s Day. I probably would have gotten married on February 14 if the cost of flowers didn’t go up around that time so I got married on February 8th.
If I had to guess most of my mom’s and dad’s brothers’ and sisters’ primary love languages it would be quality time. My dad’s brothers and sisters enjoy quality time so much that they all live on the same street.
My mom’s family get together a few times a year. Her family’s secondary love language is gifts. In other words, words of affirmation don’t come natural to me. I grew up knowing how to accept a backhanded compliment because love was shown with quality time and with gifts.
Being married to Tredell, I had to learn (am still learning) how to affirm my love for him with words. Yes, I’m a writer but I use to communicate my love for him with time and gifts. He likes time and gifts but affirming words make him shine.
For those of you who need a little help with this, I compiled a list of words of affirmation for the man in your life.
28 Words of Affirmation for the Man in Your Life
- You are a great leader.
- Thank you for taking care of our family.
- You are an amazing lover.
- I appreciate the man you are.
- I appreciate how you love me.
- I enjoy watching you with our children.
- You are a great example for our children.
- I hope our sons grow up to be like you.
- I hope our daughters marry men like you.
- I love it when you pray for me.
- You are such a strong man.
- I feel safe in your arms.
- I trust you.
- I would marry you again in a heartbeat.
- I like the sound of your voice.
- I honor you.
- I am a better woman because of you.
- I look forward to a future with you.
- I’m enjoying the present with you.
- My heat still flutters when you touch me.
- Being around you is fun.
- You are my rock.
- You are special to me
- I am proud to be your wife.
- You are all the man I need.
- Seeing you happy makes me happy.
- You are a great friend.
- Thank you for being here.
This is simply a list of things to say to your husband to verbally affirm your love for him. Try going the next 28 days—the entire month of February—affirming your husband especially if words of affirmation are his primary love language. You can send a message a day via text or email, write it on a card, or whisper it in his hear when you hold hi close.
Do you know your husband’s love language? What are some things you can do this month to speak to him in a way that makes him thrive?
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”